Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Brothers PE770

I have had a sewing machine for a little over a year now (I'll post later on the machine I have), but don't get me wrong I learned to sew 20+ years ago not just in the last year and a half. I just haven't had my own machine before the one I got for Christmas 2013.


After LOTS of projects on my sewing machine (I'll be posting those here soon), I was ready for my next crafting adventure... An embroidery machine!!


After some research and consulting with family and friends who have machines I determined the Brother PE770 was for me. I'll have to share some of the pros and cons later in a different post. But I can tell you two points for me was the price and an up to 5x7 hoop options. The photo above was the first design I tried.


Here's a close up of the design... For the first run I decided to use a design on my machine. Another tip... Get some felt from your craft store for "trial" runs. This allows you to try designs without wasting stabilizers. Bonus - Felt is cheap! 




No comments:

Post a Comment